At Tutor House, we take the safety of students and tutors seriously.
We take student safety seriously, which is why we are so selective about the tutors we work with. Our commitment to student safety is part of the reason why the Good Schools Guide placed Tutor House in category A, the highest level possible.
We are highly selective, a good teacher makes a big difference. As a prerequisite to becoming a tutor with us we meet all applicants, ensuring that they are not only suitable, but exceptional.
How we pick our tutors
Tutors submit an application to teach at Tutor House, however, we’re selective about the tutors we work with.
At the interview, we ask tutors about their previous teaching experience, the subjects they’d like to teach at Tutor House, their University degree, and finally ask them to present us with a valid DBS certificate.
- We personally interview all tutors one-to-one, which we call a character interview.
- All tutors should have a University degree and relevant qualifications for the subject they teach.
- We thoroughly check all tutors details before we activate their profiles.
- All tutors must hold a valid and up-to-date DBS certificate.
A trusted community who prioritises safety in education
- The reviewing system allows parents and students to rate tutors, which helps to ensure student safety, the quality of tutors, and the calibre of teaching.
- Feedback about our tutors is shown on their profiles via reviews and ratings, and we encourage parents and students to take advantage of this information when choosing a tutor.
- Tutors also give lesson feedback to parents, so they can see their child’s progression after each tutoring session.
- Lessons can take place within the safety of your home, or online.