At Tutor House, we take the safety of students and tutors very seriously.
We take student safety very seriously, which is why we are so selective about the tutors we work with. Our commitment to student safety is part of the reason why the Good Schools Guide has rated Tutor House as ‘A.’
How we pick our tutors
Tutors submit an application to teach at Tutor House, however, we’re highly selective about the tutors we work with.
We then ask every single tutor to come in to meet with our team. At the interview, we ask tutors about their previous teaching experience, the subjects they’d like to teach at Tutor House, their University degree and ask them to present us a valid DBS certificate.
- We personally interview all tutors one-to-one, which we call a character interview.
- All tutors must have a University degree and relevant qualifications for the subject they teach.
- We thoroughly check all tutors before we activate their profiles.
- All tutors must hold a valid and up to date DBS certificate.
A trusted community prioritising safety within education
- The reviewing system allows parents and students to rate tutors, which helps to ensure student safety, the quality of tutors and the quality of teaching.
- Feedback about our tutors is shown on their profiles via reviews and ratings, and we encourage parents and students to take advantage of this information when choosing a tutor.
- Lessons can take place within the safety of your home, or online via Skype tuition.
As a standard, we ensure that every single tutor that teaches at Tutor House holds a valid DBS certificate. We do this because we want to assure parents and students the safest learning experience possible with our tutors.