I studied at the University of Pretoria (UP), the University of Stellenbosch (US) and the University of South Africa (UNISA), all blue-chip South African educational institutions.
I am in the research stage of a PhD with a systems focus inclusive of the lecturer/online tutor and the full-time student/distance learning student, as well as the environment impacting on their needed productive and effective relationship.
I completed the following degrees:
- BA, UP: Majors: Political Science, Anthropology and Applied Anthropology;
- B Com, UP: Majors: Human Resource Management, Economics, Business Economics.
- B Com (Hons), UP: Major: Human Resource Management;
- M Com, UP: Major: Human Resource Management;
- I also obtained a post-graduate qualification at UNISA School of Business: Development Programme in Labour Relations (DPLR);
- I am a qualified Industrial Psychologist.
I lectured at the University of the Witwatersrand Graduate School of Business Administration in the Department for Entrepreneurship on Developing the Professional Entrepreneur in 1998 and 1999;
From July 2011 to December 2018, I lectured at the Independent Institution of Education’s (IIE) Varsity College (VC) and The School of Business in the following subjects:
- Learning Programme – HRM – The School of Business;
- HRM for the Institute of Marketing Management – The School of Business;
- Management Development Programme in Strategic & Change Management – The School of Business;
- Management Development Programme in Leadership and People Management – The School of Business;
- Information and Knowledge Management – B Com III, VC;
- Ethics in Sports Management – Diploma, VC;
- Introduction to HR – Diploma, VC;
- Industrial Relations – B Com II, VC;
Since July 2016, I have been an online tutor to BBA distance learning students at the IIE’s Rosebank College in Human Resource Management using Blackboard Collaborate software.
I have developed syllabi, student manuals, test and internal exam papers, as well as the marking memorandums for the Independent Institute of Education in subjects such as Business Management, Business Law and Human Resource Management;
I am busy developing a third-year and Honours modules in Human Resource Management for the Independent Institute of Education;
I believe that thorough preparation for a tutoring session by both the tutor and the student(s) is a prerequisite for a successful session;
I need to be a role model for my students regarding my interaction with them, for example:
-Responding to questions promptly and professionally,
-Clearly detailing my expectations of them, while at the same time inviting them to share their expectations of me,
-Not expecting them to share personal information with me while I project an impersonal profile;
I acted as a sports psychologist for some major South African sports teams, as well as well-known South African sports persons;
I am married with four sons, two daughters in law and two grandchildren. We used to live in the south-east of England for nearly three years.
I love travelling, reading, a good movie, braaing (barbeque) with family and friends, music and experimenting in the kitchen.