Clients and tutors
Before you can register as a client or tutor on our website you must confirm to us by clicking the Terms & Conditions button when prompted. You must read and consent the practices described in this policy. If you are not happy with any aspect of this policy, then you should refrain from registering as a client or tutor on our website.
Tutors may attend an interview with us in person. We will treat any personal data shared with us during interviews in accordance with this policy.
Parts of our website can be accessed by guests who have not registered as a client or tutor. By visiting our website as a guest you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Naturally, if you are not happy with the content of this policy you should not use our website.
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you :
- when filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, search for tutors, order our in-house services from us, or if you report a problem with our website. Your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photographs provided by you or taken by us during an interview;
- information a tutor provides to us prior to registering with us, including via our website, in person during an interview or by email (for example, your degree certificate, your profile photograph, CV, DBS certificate, passport or other form of I.D);
- client provides about a child, teenager or other recipient of a tutoring session or other educational services, which may include sensitive personal data about their physical or mental wellbeing;
- information you post or upload to this website or information you transmit when communicating with other registered users through the interactive features of this website;
- data you provide to us during our delivery to you of any in-house services;
- details and information on the way that you use this website including the pages you visit and the time you spend on this website;
- other information we may automatically collect from you when you access our website:
> the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet
> your login information, browser type and version
> time zone setting
> browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- your visit, including;
> the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time)
> other details of your visits to this website (including traffic data, location data, discussion boards and communication data)
> the resources that you access;
- We are also working closely with third parties (i.e. sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
Such staff maybe also engaged in the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. For this reason, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What we use your information for
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with access to our website and the content and services available through it and to determine your eligibility to access our website, its content and services;
- for the purpose of delivering our in-house services to you, the client, or to any student for which you have booked our in-house services;
- provide you with information about tutoring and any services, products, events, promotions, special offers, and other information which we think will be of interest to you;
- deal with any queries, complaints, or questions you ask us;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- notify you about changes and provide you with information about our website and its services;
- ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. This may include the customisation of content depending on your location and previous use of our website;
- securing the content for fraud protection and credit risk reduction purposes; and for our website and system administration, including technical support of our website and its computer system and processing information used in the course of securing and maintaining our website.
In order to improve this website, we may use small files commonly known as “cookies”. A cookie is a small amount of data which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to in this policy as a “device”) from this website and is stored on your device’s hard drive.
We currently set the following cookies:
These cookies are essential to the proper functioning of many features of this website. These cookies store a unique ID so this website can remember you from one page request to the next.
We also use the following cookies for Google Analytics:
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. in order to understand how visitors use this website. The GA cookies remember you from one page request to the next. It differentiates between ‘new’ and ‘returning’ visitors.
We receive reports from Google Inc. about website usage (such as the number of visitors to this website or the number of unique page views).
GA cookies do not collect personal information about you. You can opt out of GA without affecting your use of our website.
Tutors can control whether their client reviews can be seen by other users of the website through their user profile by accessing the sign-in page, and selecting notifications.
Disclosure of information We will not disclose your personal information to third parties save for the following:
- suppliers and sub-contractors who may provide elements of the content and services available (or available to order) on our website. For example, the third party company which deals with all payments made through our website and any tutor who is delivering in-house services on our behalf;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- In case our assets are acquired by a third party, the personal data held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect our rights, property or safety, or that of our clients, tutors, users or other third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and law enforcement.
We may use your data to contact you by email or message to your account. Messages will be about our services, promotions and special offers which we think may be of interest to you.
If you prefer that we do not use your data for marketing purposes, you can opt-out at any time. You can click the unsubscribe link within the marketing email. We do not share your personal details with third parties for them to market to you.
Payment Service Provider
Other Links and affiliate websites
Editing and deleting data
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information about you that is not accurate. You may also ask us to delete any of your personal data once your account on the website has closed.
Generally, you may delete any content you upload to our website. If you wish to deactivate your account, you may do so through the My Account page. Removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time. This may result necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
Your content removal from our website may continue to be viewable on search engines and other sites that may have cached (or copied).
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You can exercise your right of access in accordance with the Act. Any access request is subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details. The detials regards only the information we hold about you.
Check this page regularly to ensure you are aware of the most recent version.
If you have Questions, comments or requests regarding this policy please do write us on: